help finding a thesis statement rx free viagra http://jeromechamber.com/event/cover-notes-for-jobs/23/ buy a business plan for school click see url outline thesis contoh how can i change my email account on my ipad newspaper front page layout terminology cheap fertility drugs online https://bigsurlandtrust.org/care/viagra-100/20/ https://bonusfamilies.com/lecture/spss-help/21/ https://www.sojournercenter.org/finals/myth-essay/85/ cialis davis viagra hamster here gre issue essay http://www.chesszone.org/lib/essay-editing-techniques-4978.html go to site do my assignments for me cis111 click here the write stuff thinking through essays university essay editing services make viagra even better how do i email pictures from my iphone as attachments follow url go site cialis frisco cialis e20 review example of a complete business plan The second amendment of the Constitution of the United States highlights the right to bear arms. Unfortunately, the high crime rate and the increased number of homicides has made gun control and the right to bear arms one of the hottest topics in American society in the last few years. There are many people who are satisfied with this amendment and they support this right to bear arms without any limitations. However, there are a growing number of people who are asking for gun control and some of them believe that only law enforcement officers can own and use guns. It doesn’t really matter which side you support, it is the best idea to learn more about all the advantages and downsides of this issue. In this article we will focus on the cons of the right to own a gun in the United States.
- According to some statistics, people who are carrying a gun to protect themselves have greater chances to be shot in case assault occurs. In other words, firearms cannot guarantee safety and they are not a very efficient type of self-defense. Researching different tactical gear will show you there are other means of effective self-defense. What is even worse is that many gun owners don’t have appropriate training and this makes the situation even more complicated because in case they need to use their gun they can put their own life and the people around them at risk.
- Even though the studies and surveys focused on the effects of this amendment and crime rates are contradictory, we must point out that many experts argue that more guns mean more crime because many offenders carry and use guns (legally obtained guns). They also like to point out that they encourage people with suicidal thoughts to take their own life. More than 50% of the suicides in the United States involved a gun.
- Another con of the right to bear arms is the fact that people who don’t want or need guns feel uncomfortable when people around them walk armed. Of course, this problem can be related only to the right to carry gun in public. Many people say that can’t tell whether the person carries the gun legally or they are criminals who are causing fear.
- There are also many experienced lawyers who claim that the Constitution doesn’t guarantee the right to bear arms to every US citizen. They claim that this amendment allows regular citizens who decide to join the army or who are called to military service to get the right to carry weapons.
- Another valid point is that the criminals will become more aggressive and even arm themselves if they know that people usually carry firearms. They will look for a way to protect their lives.
- Finally, those who are pro gun control say that guns can easily become lethal especially when they are in the hands of people who have abused alcohol or drugs or people who cannot control their temper.
The list of cons is long, but so is the list of pros. It is up to the people and the authorities to decide whether guns should be controlled or not.