WEEK 10 SCHEDULE
SATURDAY – NOVEMBER 4
*Texas Southern at Mississippi Valley State
Itta Bena, Miss. / 1 p.m.
*Alabama State at Jackson State
Jackson, Miss. / 1 p.m.
*Alabama A&M at Alcorn State
Lorman, Miss. / 2 p.m.
*Grambling State at Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Pine Bluff, Ark. / 2:30 p.m.
*Prairie View A&M at Southern
Baton Rouge, La. / 4 p.m.
* Denotes SWAC Game
All Times Central
CONFERENCE NEWS & NOTES
- Despite being winless, Texas Southern will look to utilize last season’s success in their match up with Mississippi Valley State as the Tigers were able to come away with a 31-0 victory in 2016 against the Delta Devils.
- Mississippi Valley State junior linebacker Patrick Harbin continues to lead the conference in both tackles (67) and tackles per game (8.4 per game).
- Since taking over head coaching duties at Alabama State, Donald Hill-Eley and the Hornets have strung together back-to-back victories.
- Jackson State is coming off a week in which it allowed a season-low five points in their victory against Mississippi Valley State. The Tigers surrended just 105 total yards of offense including 10 first downs.
- Alabama A&M remains the least sacked team in the conference as the Bulldogs have allowed a league-low 11 sacks. Alabama State and Alcorn State are next with 16 sacks alllowed apiece.
- Grambling State junior defensive lineman La’Allan Clark ranks third in FCS football in sacks with 7.5.
- Opponents of Arkansas-Pine Bluff have committed the most penalty yards per contest with 100.8 yards per game flagged against them.
- Prairie View A&M freshman kicker Zach Elder has been the most accurate kicker in the conference, making all 24 of his point-after kicks and has connected on eight-of-nine field goal attempts this season.
- With five touchdown passes last week, Southern QB Austin Howard now ranks second in the category with 11 passing touchdowns.