Most of the country is buckling down from the aggressive winds and approaching danger as Hurrican Florence gains her strength in the Carolinas. What would you do if you were in the path of a dangerous and deadly hurricane? Urban Media Today found some helpful tips that might get you through.
HAVE AN EVACUATION PLAN IN PLACE BEFORE A HURRICANE WARNING COMES
If your area has a hurricane watch or warning in effect, your best bet is to pack up and go ASAP — but you should have a plan in place ahead of time.
YOUR HURRICANE KIT STAPLES: CHARGERS, FOOD, CONTACT LENSES AND MORE
- Any medications you’re taking (at least a week’s worth).
- Spare glasses and/or spare contact lenses if applicable.
- Charging cords for devices
- A powered brick charger
- More bottled water and more non-perishable foods
- A can opener
- Documentation and ID cards
- Living wills
- A wallet with cash and credit cards
- Anything you’ll need to function in the next 72 hours.
Click here for more helpful tips.