- NFL Passes Rule Requiring Players to Stand During Anthem-The NFL truly messed up right here. They broke the unwritten rule volun-telling a player what to do…outside of football. I’ll say it right here: They’re dead wrong on this one. It violates the First Amendment: Freedom of Expression. Of course, the NFL denies this.
- But Players can express themselves. In the Locker Room-So if they don’t want to stand for the National Anthem, then they don’t have to go in the field, as long as thecamera doesn’t see them, right? Whatever.
- The NFLPA’s Response? Of course, they don’t agree with it. They made a statement that it contradicts what the owners said last season and they feel it makes the players feel it’s an infringement on players rights. I agree.
- The President’s Response- ‘Anyone who doesn’t stand for the National Anthem shouldn’t be in the country.’ Like Denver Broncos LB Brandon Marshall said, disgusting.
- The Sad Part About this all? The main point continues to get overlooked. Folks who think that NFL players (beginning with QB Colin Kaepernick) are wrong for kneeling for the Anthem remain focused on what they’re doing instead of why they’re doing it. They’re making a statement about police brutality. It has nothing to do with disrespect!But folks turn a deaf ear.
- Other Sports Reactions? Just you wait. It’s just a matter of time before the other major sports weigh in. The NBA has already begun to speak up about it as Golden State Warriors Coach Steve Kerr had this to say “They’re just playing off their fan base, and they’re just basically trying to use the anthem as fake patriotism, nationalism, scaring people. It’s idiotic, but that’s how the NFL has handled their business.” Well said, Steve.
- NBA Eastern Conference Finals-Speaking of the NBA, the Conference Finals continue, and the Eastern Conference Champions for the fourth year in a row are the Cleveland Cavaliers, Thanks to superman Lebron James putting the Cavs on his back one more time. Sunday the Cavs eliminated the Boston Celtics in game seven in Boston 87-69. King James poured in 35 points in 48 minutes of playing time (that is the entire game). The Cavs Await the winner of todays game between Golden State and Houston.
- NBA Western Conference Final- I always believed this that series would go 7 games. Tonight May 28,2018 game seven will feature the Golden State Warriors invading Houston taking on the Rockets to see who will face the Cavs in this years finals. Can Golden State make it for the fourth straight year? James Harden and Chris Paul say no! But we will see ..Stay tuned.
- All-NBA Team-Here’s this year’s First-Team: LeBron James, Houston’s James Harden (both unanimous) New Orleans Anthony Davis, Portland’s Damien Lilliard and Golden State’s Kevin Durant. Congrats to them all.
10. The Stanley Cup Final-It’ll be the Washington Capitals vs. the Vegas Golden Knights tonight. I think it will be an intriguing series with the Capitals who haven’t been in the finals since 1998 and the Golden Knights who are there in their inaugural season. Very impressive. I’m neutral on this series because I want the Caps Alex Ovechkin to win a ring as well as the former Penguins in the Golden Knights, beginning with G Marc-Andre Fluery.
Please e-mail Ray at email@example.com
Follow him @urbanmediaRay on twitter