In your college years, spring break has all been about partying into the early morning hours of several of the craziest and wildest vacation destinations. However, now that you already have your own family and got kids, spring break and hot spots like Cancun and Miami would not just cut it. Nevertheless, it does not mean that you need to give up all the excitement and fun to escape several days from the ho-hum and chill situations of Pittsburgh. There are lots of great spring break getaways, which are conveniently located within just few hours of downtown Pittsburgh, most of which, offering lots of family-friendly relaxation and fun. Pack up your car and your suitcases, and treat the entire family to a spring break vacation in one of these destinations considered the best for Pittsburgh families.
- Camelback Mountain Waterpark – Get wild and wet at Camelback Mountain Waterpark. It is the largest waterpark in Pennsylvania. You will forget that you are in the Pocono Mountains when you are slipping and sliding on more than 37 different water slides, rides, and attractions amidst its 84-degree and climate controlled temperature. The Aquatopia indoor waterpark is ideal for the entire family, as it is offering fun for all ages, ranging from the Camel Kid Theme Park, up to the family rides for the little ones, and the rushing thrill rides especially designed for bigger kids.
- Rehoboth Beach – Nothing says spring break, such as a trip to the beach. With that, the Rehoboth Beach in Delaware is among the favorite seaside stops of Pittsburghers. It is family friendly, welcoming, and clean. Rehoboth is offering a resort feel without all of the craziness that you would see at common spring break beaches. As a matter of fact, it is a great place for kids because of it numerous boardwalk activities, parks, and restaurants.
- New River Gorge National River – There is no place like the New River Gorge National River in Virginia, which you can take in great outdoors. The entire family is going to enjoy endless days of having to explore the mountain region of the state with everything from hiking and camping up to white water rafting. Younger children are going to love the Youth Arts in the Park events, the Junior Ranger program, along with the Science Youth Nature Camp. Get yourself surrounded with the beauty of nature with this about 4-hour drive south, in Glen Jean.
- Delaware Beaches – The Atlantic coast is offering sun-craving Pittsburghers with an easy ocean escape. In the southern Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach is drawing a younger crowd because of its renowned party vibe and nightlife.
- Jersey Shore – Just like the beaches in Delaware, the Atlantic coast in southern New Jersey is an approximately 7-hour drive from Pittsburgh, offering a wide range of beaches, from the urban boardwalk and famous casinos of the Atlantic city to the amusement parks and calm Victorian beauty of Cape May in Wildwood.
Get ready for what you would need for the summer, while thinking about which among these best beaches are really best to drive with families.